Fresh, ripe summer veggies – avocado, corn, and tomatoes – are tossed with fresh herbs, a little jalapeno, and vinaigrette makings to create a summer side dish or poolside munchie that’s simply irresistible. My favorite way to serve this Avocado Corn Salad ? As a dip with tortilla chips!
Can you believe it’s football season already? I can’t. Football and baseball seem like the longest seasons in the world to me. To say I’m not a football fan would be an understatement – I’ll do just about everything I can to get out of watching a game, live or on tv. On the other hand, my hubby is a HUGE football fan, particularly college football. So I’m kinda stuck with having the sport on tv a good bit of the time as well as playing the occasional hostess when my hubby’s college team is playing.
Football entertaining in my house is all about super easy dinners or heavy munchies. Chili and buffalo chicken dip are two of our favorites, but really, if I put out some homemade chips and guac, my hubby is happy. This avocado corn salad is equally as easy but a nice change from those old standbys. We like to serve it as a chunky dip with tortilla chips (perfect for game day!), although it can also stand on its own as a side for burgers or tacos. I first tried this salad when my sister-in-law made it, and my hubby and I were instantly big fans. The fresh, ripe veggies shine. Below is our favorite way to make the salad, but adjust the quantities ingredients according to your tastes.
Avocado Corn Salad
Fresh, ripe summer veggies - avocado, corn, and tomatoes - are tossed with fresh herbs, a little jalapeno, and vinaigrette makings to create a summer side dish or poolside munchie that's simply irresistible. My favorite way to serve it? As a dip with tortilla chips!
- 4 ripe avocados large dice
- 2 plum tomatoes small dice
- 1/4 red onion small dice
- 1 c. corn kernels from 1 ear of grilled corn, or use canned corn, drained
- 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- juice of half a lime
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs. honey
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Place diced avocados, tomatoes, onion, corn, cilantro, and jalapeno. Gently toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and again, gently toss to coat. Taste and season with additional jalapeno, lime juice, salt or pepper as needed.
Best served within one hour of preparing, although leftovers may be refrigerated for a day or two.
This recipe was inspired by Live Dine Party
More Game Day Inspiration:
Check out what my #SundaySupper friends are serving for game day. And big thanks to Coleen at The Redhead Baker for hosting!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks (above)
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING