“Roasted” Brussels Sprouts come together much faster in the air fryer. Same great crunch, way less time, making these Air Fryer “Roasted” Brussels Sprouts an easy fall side dish.
Disclaimer: This post and recipe was created for #FallFlavors. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Happy Hump Day! After some fall weather last week, we’re back to 90+ degree temps that have me longing for that cooler weather. Yesterday morning, I gazed longingly at my most comfortable dress in my closet – a navy blue number of the softest material that had a cowl neck. It pairs great with a pair of boots. But while my head says it’s fall, the weather does not. So I shifted my attention elsewhere and chose another outfit.
First world problems, eh?
I have a handful of super simple side dishes that I fall back on again and again. I love roasting sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt and black pepper (although parmesan garlic roasted sweet potatoes are just as easy and hugely flavorful). We also enjoy roasted or sautéed asparagus and lots of grilled zucchini and yellow squash.
But in fall? It’s time for Brussels sprouts to shine. My husband and I love roasted Brussels sprouts but they take soooo long in the oven. So I modified my go-to roasted Brussels sprouts recipe for the air fryer. Cooking the vegetable this way has all the goodness of roasting – that fantastic crunch of the crisp outer leaves – but cooks up way quicker.
What’s your favorite fall side dish?
Recipe Notes for Air Fryer “Roasted” Brussels Sprouts:
- I used purple Brussels sprouts from our sponsor Melissa’s Produce in this dish, but you can certainly use green Brussels sprouts.
- I also used cipollini onions, also from Melissa’s Produce, as they’re sweeter than most larger onions. If you can’t find them, feel free to substitute shallots.
- Variations: I really like a simple roasted Brussels sprout, but if you want to shake it up a bit, try adding chopped bacon to the air fryer basket (at the same time as everything else).
- Air Fryer Note: I have a Pampered Chef Air Fryer with a basket that spins. If you have a basket-style air fryer, follow the directions but ensure that you mix once or twice to ensure even cooking.
Don’t forget to check out the other #FallFlavors recipes shared below, and enter in our Fall giveaway. Prizes and Rafflecopter are below!
Air Fryer "Roasted" Brussels Sprouts
"Roasted" Brussels Sprouts come together much faster in the air fryer. Same great crunch, way less time, making these Air Fryer "Roasted" Brussels Sprouts an easy fall side dish.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 3 Cipollini onions
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
Prep the Veggies:
Brussels Sprouts: Remove ends and any leaves that have seen better days. Slice Brussel sprouts in half. Each should be about 1/2 inch thick. If Brussels sprouts are large (larger than an inch or so), you may want to quarter them for quicker cooking time. Try to ensure they're of uniform size.
Onions: Trim ends and remove skin. Slice each in half to create half-moons. Slice each half moon into pieces about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
Toss prepared Brussels sprouts and onions in a medium bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Cook in an air fryer at 400F for 20 minutes, mixing halfway through, until crispy and cooked throughout. Test, and if needed, continue cooking at 5 minute intervals, until Brussels sprouts reach desired doneness.
A Books n’ Cooks Original Recipe.
More #FallFlavors Recipes:
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts with Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
More than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Disclaimer: Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.