Posts Tagged ‘Frozen Fridays’
For the past couple of years, every July, I share some of my favorite frozen treats that have caught my eye. I have tried very few of the recipes, if any, but the innovative recipe and/or drool-worthy photo had me saving the recipes at a pace there was no way I could keep up with. To kick things off, here are 25 ice cream and sorbet recipes that are sure to entice you to skip the store-bought stuff and make something homemade this summer.
If you try any of the recipes below, please be sure to come back and tell me how it turned out! And if you liked it, show a little love and leave a comment for the blogger as well!
Ice Creams, Sorbets, and More!
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream (from Belle Vie)
- Blackberry Basil Ice Cream (vegan) (from Snixy Kitchen)
- Blackberry Lavender Chevre Ice Cream (from The Kitchen McCabe)
- Butter Brickle Ice Cream with Homemade Toffee (from Chef Savvy)
- Cannoli Ice Cream with Pistachios and Dark Chocolate (from Full Belly Sisters)
- Cardamom Fig Ice Cream (from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen)
- Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream (no churn) (from Nutmeg Nanny)
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream (from Kleinworth & Co.)
- Coffee Bourbon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (from Simply Recipes)
- Coffee and Donut Ice Cream with Mocha Hot Fudge Swirl (from Melanie Makes)
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream (from Handle the Heat)
- Fudgey Brownie Batter Ice Cream (no churn) (from Beyond Frosting)
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream (no churn) (from Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream (from Eva Bakes)
- Lavender Lemon Ice Cream (from The Kitchen McCabe)
- Mango Chili Ice Cream (from Bell’alimento)
- Monkey Bread Ice Cream (from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody)
- Mud Pie Ice Cream (no churn) (from A Kristen Duke Photography)
- New York Crumb Cake Ice Cream (from Keep It Sweet Desserts)
- Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch Ice Cream (no churn) (from Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Coconut Milk Ice Cream (from The Roasted Root)
- Fresh Pineapple Ice Cream (from The Kitchen McCabe)
- Pomegranate Champagne Sorbet (from The Cookie Rookie)
- Raspberry Chambord Sorbet (from Books n’ Cooks)
- White Chocolate Blackberry Ice Cream (from Life as a Strawberry)
Considering the dozens and dozens of ice cream recipes that catch my eye, I’ve seen surprisingly few homemade servers (bowls, cones, etc) and toppings. I guess if you’re making your own ice cream, the flavor is so vibrant that you don’t want or need a topping for it. However, there are a couple of these goodies that caught my eye recently. If they’re as good as they look and sound, they’ll be sure to elevate any ice cream – store bought or homemade – to another level.
Servers and Toppings
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Bowls (from It’s Yummi)
- Berry Compote (from Honey and Birch)
- Brownie Bowls (from Today’s Mama)
- Burnt Orange Salty Caramel Sauce (from Joy the Baker)
- Buttermilk Bourbon Caramel Sauce (from Mom On Time Out)
- Fresh Cherry Sauce (from Confections of a Foodie Bride)
- Strawberry Ice Cream Topping (from Mom On Time Out)
- Peanut Butter Magic Shell (from Country Cleaver)
- Sprinkles Bowls (from This Heart of Mine)
- Waffle Cones (from Beard & Bonnet)
Want more? Here’s a dozen more ice cream servers and toppings.
Growing up, my mom used to make this fantastic Oreo ice cream. I don’t remember her making many varieties other than vanilla and Oreo, but the Oreo ice cream is the one we all loved. Mom only ever used Double Stuffers, because, really, the frosted center is the reason for eating the cookies. The trick was to get the biggest chunks of Oreo cookie that you could. The cookie would be soft from the ice cream, and the super sweet frosted center would shine through. That ice cream was summer for me.
Now, I look forward to the warm weather and when I can break out my ice cream maker. I never have the time to try even a fraction of the recipes I bookmark, but I enjoy trying. So far this year, I’ve made a classic vanilla ice cream (that only lasted 2 days in the house) and tried out a new recipe for sangria popsicles. I’ve decided that the trick is that I have to make the ice cream, stash it in the basement freezer, and clean up the evidence before my hubby knows I’ve made some. Unless I’m a mean wifey and make something I know he’ll dislike, once my hubby knows there’s ice cream in the house, he’ll have (and I’ll inevitably end up joining him) a bowl a night until it’s gone.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s begin the second year of Frozen Fridays – a new roundup of summer treats every Friday for the month of July. This week, I present to you two dozen ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc recipes that caught my eye recently. If you give any of them a try, please come back and let me know what you thought of them!
Ice Creams, Sorbets, and More!
- Bailey’s Ice Cream (from Savory Simple)
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream (from Big Bear’s Wife)
- Blackberry Pomegranate Sorbet (from A Cookie Names Desire)
- Caramelized Banana Ice Cream (from Our Best Bites)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream (from Love and Olive Oil)
- Chocolate Hazelnut and Toasted Marshmallow Gelato (from Floating Kitchen)
- Coconut Milk Strawberry Ice Cream (over Honey Orange Biscuits) (from Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
- Coffee Oreo Ice Cream (from A Cookie Named Desire)
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream (no-churn) (from Keep It Sweet Desserts)
- Fluffernutter Ice Cream (from Country Cleaver)
- Green Grape Ice Cones (from The Healthy Apple)
- Horchata Ice Cream (from Love & Olive Oil)
- Lemon Buttermilk Tart Frozen Yogurt (from Eva Bakes)
- Maple Bacon Crunch Ice Cream (from Crazy for Crust)
- Molasses Cookie Ice Cream (no-churn) (from Beyond Frosting)
- Nutella Gelato (from The Girl Who Ate Everything)
- Popcorn Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Popcorn (from A Brown Table)
- Orange Blossom Clove Ice Cream with Candied Blood Orange Freckles (from Savory Simple)
- Orange Granitas (from Skip to My Lou)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (from Mandy’s Recipe Box)
- Raspberry Pistachio Coconut Ice Cream (from The Foodie Teen)
- Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream (from Food n’ Focus)
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (from The Lemon Bowl)
- Swiss Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream (from What’s Cooking, Chicago?)
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Philadeplphia Style (from Books n’ Cooks)
If this isn’t enough for you, check out last year’s round-up for another two dozen recipes that caught my eye.