A few months ago, my parents came to visit with a gift – a bottle of liqueur in a lovely shade of pink. It was a grapefruit liqueur that they had (on the rocks) at a friend’s house and instantly fell in love with it. They promptly convinced the owner of their local liqueur store to order a case, one bottle of which made it down to my house. My parents raved about how light and sweet the liqueur was, my mom asking me to see if I could find a fun cocktail recipe to try it in. However, their visit passed before we were able to open the bottle.
Fast forward a few months, I decided to crack open the bottle and try it for myself. It was as deliciously light and sweet as my parents said, but I knew immediately that I would enjoy it more as a compliment to something else. Adding just a little bit to Prosecco created a slightly sweet cocktail that was perfect to enjoy with brunch. (Add 1 oz. for just a touch of sweetness, 2 oz. for a sweeter cocktail.)
Easy to make and something so very different than most cocktails that appear on brunch menus, I know that I’ll be serving this cocktail this week, as I entertain a gaggle of out of town relatives for Christmas.
- 1-2 oz. Pamplemousse grapefruit liquor
- 3-4 oz. Prosecco
- Grapefruit wedge or peel for garnish
Add 1-2 oz. Pamplemousse to a champagne flute. Top with Prosecco. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit or a grapefruit peel and serve immediately.
A Books n’ Cooks original, based on stories from my mom.
More easy recipes to make your holiday entertaining a bit easier. Thanks to Caroline at Caroline’s Cooking for hosting such a fun event, perfect for this time of year!
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
7 thoughts on “Sparkling Pamplemousse #SundaySupper”
I have been on a huge grapefruit kick lately so I can’t wait to find this liqueur.
Light, refreshing and delicious! Perfect for the holidays!
What a lovely color for a cocktail!
Sounds like a tasty, simple cocktail!
This looks and sounds so bright and refreshing. I will definitely be trying this.
I am all about champagne cocktails and this one sounds delicious!
Looks very refreshing!