This Whipped Feta with Honey is simply irresistible. Salty herbed feta cheese is whipped and then topped with honey and more herbs for a snack you won’t get enough of.
Guys. Where has this summer gone? I went on vacation for a week or so in late June and then, all of a sudden, it’s August? Seriously, where has the time gone?
I feel like I’m losing days and weeks – and have been since the kids went back to school this spring and I increased my hours at work. I haven’t really gotten my groove back since then. It’s not for lack of trying, I swear. I have great intentions, but time disappears and lately, nothing seems to ever be easy or quick.
Farmer’s Market Week snuck up on me this year and I was extremely grateful I unexpectedly ended up hosting some neighbors for drinks and munchies. I had been wanting to make a Whipped Feta Cheese spread ever since my cousins and I had it in Nashville a couple of years ago, and was happy for the excuse to finally get a chance to try it. Damn, I wish I hadn’t waited so long! This Whipped Feta Cheese with Honey is delicious. Tangy feta cheese is mellowed out with cream cheese, seasoned with Greek seasoning, and then topped with sweet honey (even better if you’re using local honey from your farmer’s market or nearby farm!). I couldn’t stop eating it, and neither could my neighbors! It takes just a few minutes to mix and can be mostly made ahead, making it a great appetizer to have on hand for unexpected entertaining.
Recipe Notes for Whipped Feta Cheese with Honey:
- I used homemade Greek seasoning here (which is amazing on these Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potatoes), but feel free to use store-bought. If you don’t want another seasoning blend, try 1/2 tsp. each of dried basil, rosemary, and onion powder and a pinch of dried thyme.
- If spread is a little thick, add a bit of extra olive oil, a tablespoon at a time. This Whipped Feta is quite thick, as a spread. However, you could thin it out, if you prefer.
- Make Ahead: This spread can be made ahead – up until topping with honey – and stored covered with plastic wrap in the fridge until just before serving. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Top with honey and season before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with pita bread, pita chips or sliced veggies.
Farmer’s Market Week
Today is the first day of Farmer’s Market Week, hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Ellen at Family Around the Table. Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more. Join us all week long with lots of fun, seasonal recipes inspired by what you can find at your local farmer’s market. Today’s recipes are below, but you can follow along by searching #FarmersMarketWeek on social media. Enjoy!
Starters and Drink Recipes:
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n’ Cooks (below!)
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes:
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Green Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes:
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by Frugal & Fit
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Whipped Feta with Honey
This Whipped Feta with Honey is simply irresistible. Salty herbed feta cheese is whipped and then topped with honey and more herbs for a snack you won't get enough of.
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz. block of feta cheese in water drained
- 4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. Greek seasoning plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 c. good-quality honey
- coarsely ground black pepper
In the bowl of a food processor, combine cream cheese, feta, olive oil, garlic cloves, and 2 tsp. of Greek seasoning. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. If the consistency is super thick, add additional olive oil, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Transfer to a shallow bowl or plate for serving. Cover plate, creating a shallow well in the center. Pour honey into well.
Dust top with a little more Greek seasoning and coarsely ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southern Discourse.
4 thoughts on “Whipped Feta with Honey”
Oh! This whipped feta is certainly great on its own, but it is a delicious creamy cheese addition alongside a charcuterie board, too. Everyone loves it!
Love this creamy, flavorful versatile appetizer! Goes with so many things, sweet and savory!
Thank you so much! This whipped feta is so delicious, and I think I absolutely have to make more😀
I’m already when to plan to make it again too! Glad you enjoyed it!