Summer is upon us – finally! Beautiful, sunny weather. Vacation just a few days away. I’m excited about taking my daughter swimming again. As a kid, we had a pool in our backyard. My brothers and I would be in and out of the pool, all day, every day. I learned to swim from my grandfather, and I loved watching my daughter get accustomed to the pool last year with my own father.
Today’s recipe – a throwback to my childhood days at the pool – was something we had almost every day of summer. Today I’m sharing a super easy dip for fresh fruit, so easy that I almost hesitate to call it a recipe. But to me, easy, light and fresh is what summer dishes are all about.
Do you have a recipe or dish that reminds you of summer?
Strawberry Fruit Dip
- 1-12. oz tub of Cool Whip
- 2 c. strawberry ice cream softened
Fold strawberry ice cream into Cool Whip until combined.
Refrigerate until serving. Dip is best served cold.
A Books n’ Cooks Original Recipe
Check out the following dishes – sweet and savory – that conjures up childhood memories for the Sunday Supper tastemakers.
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks (above!)
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
10 thoughts on “Strawberry Fruit Dip for #SundaySupper”
I love this! Never thought to make a dip for fruit, but we dip veggies, so why not?! Thanks for participating in today’s event!
Fruit dip? Great idea. It would be perfect with all kinds of veggies. Super summery, for sure.
Fruit dips are just perfect for summer!
Love a good fruit dip and this is not only a gorgeous color but sounds so good!!
Oh my your dip recipe is designed to perfection! Cool Whip and ice cream (strawberry was my favorite flavor as a child) is brilliant for hot summer days by the pool =)
a delicious way to enjoy summer fruit!
SO easy and yummy! Perfect summer treat!
Such an easy delicious recipe! I would love this with some graham crackers.
Ooo, great idea! Totally going to steal it next time I make this dip 😉
It’s amazing how many of our memories contain Cool Whip.