S’mores Brownies topped with marshmallow ghosts are a fun, whimsical Halloween dessert that kids and adults alike will love.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored on behalf of #HalloweenTreatsWeek. Our generous sponsors have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Earlier this year, I mentioned that despite blogging for years, I don’t have a ton of holiday specific recipes on this blog. At that time, I also mentioned that I decided that this year, I was going to change that.
So this week, as a part of Halloween Treats Week, I’m happy to change that. It’s not that I never blogged about Halloween recipes, it’s just that for a while, a group of us had themed Halloween parties, so instead of the typical ghosts, witches, and goblins, you got recipes that were paired with our theme – such as the Almond Brandied Pound Cake in for a Clue-themed Halloween party. (Warning: Photos need to be updated!) Plus, most schools in our area won’t take homemade sweets due to allergies, so it’s not like I was doing a lot of baking for them. But this year, I’ve got two new, traditionally Halloween, semi-homemade recipes for you this week, to help you celebrate the spooky holiday.
First up is S’mores Ghost Brownies. A graham cracker crust, your favorite brownie recipe, and then topped with marshmallow creme and a ghost marshmallow… these brownies take a little extra time to make but are super easy. That s’mores combo is just YUM! I’ll take the chocolate-graham-marshmallow combo over plain old chocolate any day.
- You can use a recipe for homemade brownies or a store-bought box of brownie mix in this recipe, as long as it makes enough for a 13 x 9 inch pan. My favorite two recipes are actually this Gluten-Free Almond Dark Chocolate Brownies or these Chocolate Chunk Brownies. Both recipes would need to be doubled to use in the recipe below.
S'mores Ghost Brownies
S'mores Brownies topped with marshmallow ghosts are a fun, whimsical Halloween dessert that kids and adults alike will love.
- cooking spray
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 brownie recipe (all ingredients) enough for a 13x9 inch pan
- 7.5 oz marshmallow creme
- 12 marshmallow ghosts such as Peeps
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer around the bottom. There may slight overlap on edges to ensure you get the whole bottom covered. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together brownies according to directions on recipe or on box. Pour into prepared pan. Use a butter knife to spread brownie mix evenly over graham crackers.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, until cooked throughout. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, spread marshmallow creme over prepared brownies and broil for 4-5 minutes, just to toast top.
Allow to cool slightly. Cut. Arrange a marshmallow ghost on top of each piece, securing with a toothpick if it won't stand up straight.
Serve at room temperature.
A Books n’ Cooks Original.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
First up, the fabulous #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes that went live today. Be sure to check them out, and then scroll down to see the prizes – don’t forget to enter to win!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks (above!)
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.