This bright and flavorful 4-ingredient Raspberry Chipotle Salmon is a weeknight lifesaver. Less than 5 minutes of prep and it cooks in just 10 minutes. Plus, if you enjoy broccoli, you can turn this into a complete one-dish meal.
Disclaimer: I received an advanced copy of this book from Page Street Publishing Co. in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine alone.
I was super excited to get a sneak peak of the new cookbook, Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals-Without the Mess, by my blogging friend Megan Marlowe, of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen – set to be released April 21. Like me, Megan is a working mom, juggling her job, kid’s activities and homework… so I knew this book would be right up my ally. But when I got it, I was blown away. Megan’s approach was just what I needed in my life:
- One pan, dish or pot – to make clean-up easier and faster
- Meals that come together quickly – most are ready in 30 minutes or less
- Unique spins on family favorites
Plus, each recipe was paired with a photo – in my opinion, a must when buying a cookbook. I want to see side dish pairings and styling, but most of all, I just want to drool over the photos.
Anyway, I flipped through Incredible One-Pot Cooking and earmarked at least half of the recipes to try. My picky eaters still won’t eat most of them – they’re still young and really picky – but I don’t need them to. I’m happy for a satisfying, comforting meal that comes together quickly that both my husband and I will enjoy.
This Raspberry Chipotle Salmon was the first recipe we tried and I know it’s one we’ll be coming back to time and time again (I’ve already made it twice). I’ve been trying to make some sort of seafood at least once a week. Lately, it’s been a piece of salmon with a rub and a fruit salsa, so this was a nice change. It’s made from pantry staples, is HUGE on flavor, and cooks up in no time. That sweet and smoky raspberry-chipotle glaze… I could have licked my plate clean.
Megan actually serves this with roasted broccoli topped with Parmesan cheese – cooked on the same baking sheet as the salmon – which would truly make this a one-pot meal. My family aren’t huge fans of broccoli – and we’ve been limited in options due to social distancing and limited supply at the grocery store – so we skipped it and opted instead for some microwavable rice and green beans. In the future though, I’ll definitely be trying it, or swapping the broccoli for another vegetable that we enjoy.
Salmon not your thing? Some other recipes on my to-make list include:
- Chicken: Loaded Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Finger Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Walking Tacos, Barbecue Chicken Casserole with Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread, Everything but the Bagel Avocado Chicken (this was fantastic – recipe coming Wednesday!), Nashville Hot Cobb Salad, Jerk Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce, Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings
- Pork & Beef: Poor Man’s Tacos, Cubano Skillet Calzone, Peach and Ginger Barbecue Pulled Pork, Thai Coconut Steak Tacos
- Seafood: Mexican Street Corn Shrimp Pasta, Cajun Tilapia with Mango-Lime Slaw, Tzatziki Stuffed Salmon Cakes
- Pastas: Dad’s Mostaccioli (a meaty, cheesy pasta dish), Black and Blue Pasta, Deluxe Pizza Spaghetti, Chicken Bacon Ranch Carbonara, Tortellini Primavera
Don’t they all just sound amazing? Well guess what.
YOU CAN WIN YOUR VERY OWN COPY of the cookbook. The details:
This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada who are over the age of 18 year old. The giveaway is open from April 19 – April 25 at midnight EST. Due to current COVID restrictions, shipping of the book may be delayed. The winner will receive a soft copy of the book (PDF) from Page Street Publishing Co. after claiming the prize. The hard copy of the book will be mailed as soon as it is possible to do so, given COVID-19 U.S. travel and work restrictions.
Raspberry Chipotle Salmon
This bright and flavorful 4-ingredient Raspberry Chipotle Salmon is a weeknight lifesaver. Less than 5 minutes of prep and it cooks in just 10 minutes.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb. salmon fillets skin on, cut into 4 equal-sized pieces
- 1/2 c. raspberry preserves
- 1 Tbs. chipotles in adobo minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on baking sheet and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together raspberry preserves, chipotles, and garlic. Use a spoon to spread mixture over salmon.
Bake for 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked throughout and flaky.
This recipe was adapted from Incredible One-Pot Cooking, page 72 (affiliate link).
Disclaimer: Thank you to Page Street Publishing Co. for providing a copy of Incredible One-Pot Meals for this giveaway. The giveaway is open to residents of the United States and Canada who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. The prize will be sent directly from Page Street Publishing to the winner.