It feels like spring has been approaching for weeks. Apart from a freak storm (that actually ended up being a bit disappointing) this past week, there’s been no snow for us this year, and very few really cold days. Instead, this winter has been filled with the kids running in the yard, trips to the playground, and happy hours on patios. The season for warm soups, stews and comfort foods was pretty short this year. With the warm weather, I’ve been switching to lighter meals with fresh ingredients. Spring foods are making an appearance just a little bit earlier than usual.
My hubby and I don’t eat a lot of seafood – for me, even less since I had Miss. Hazelnut (the aversion of seafood never completely disappeared after she was born) – but this recipe has a special meaning for us. It was the first meal my hubby ever cooked for me, what we consider to be our first date. My hubby laughingly told me the story of getting the recipe from a friend and calling with numerous questions. What’s prosciutto? What’s a zester? Do I have to do that? All of this to impress the new girl in town. The unexpected meal was delicious, the perfect first date.
This recipe is my version of that dish – almost 10 years later.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie
By Books n’ Cooks
- cooking spray
- 6-6 oz. salmon filets, with skin removed
- 6 oz. brie
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
Preheat oven to 450F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Place 1 oz. brie on top of each piece of salmon. Wrap each brie-topped salmon piece tightly in two slices of prosciutto, overlapping the slices slightly. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until salmon is cooked throughout.
Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes. (I served it over couscous with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts, pictured above.)
And here are some more easy, spring recipes for you!
- Broccoli and Asparagus Frittata by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Herb and Leek Frittata by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Omelette Farcie by Palatable Pastime
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Orange-Pineapple Biscotti by Basic N Delicious
- Pistachio Crumb Apricot Butter Bars by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Apricot Glazed Tofu Bento by NinjaBaker.com
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
11 thoughts on “Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie for #SundaySupper”
Looks great. Your husband meant business cooking you such a nice meal. Happy for you.
Thanks! And he did. He was working pretty hard at making sure I’d stay around. 😉
Wow, this combination sounds incredible!! I can’t wait to try it!!!
what a delicious meal, love salmon. How sweet of your husband to make this meal for you sounds like he was really trying, love stories that come with recipes.
These flavors sound delicious! I will be trying this!
I want a bite! OMG the flavors of this all together I bet are absolutely amazing! This is going on my MUST try list!
Isn’t it funny how our tastes change while pregnant. Some of the changes remain and some fade. This salmon should alleviate any distaste that remains.
Prosciutto and brie kick salmon up a notch!
This looks like an elegant main dish and a different way to enjoy salmon.
I think I need to try this tonight, but I’d like to add some garlic 😍
Enjoy! Look forward to hearing what you thought of it!