A 5-ingredient meal, this Pesto Crusted Salmon is both healthy and full of flavor! On the table in under 30 minutes, it’s a great option for busy weeknights but is elegant enough for date night in.
Whether you’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day at home due to COVID, family life, or personal preference, I’ve got you covered. This Pesto Crusted Salmon is a light, flavorful meal that comes together quite quickly. It is elegant enough for date night (you’re welcome), but quick and easy enough for a week night dinner. I like to serve it with couscous and a roasted veggie but you can also jazz it up with popovers or Yorkshire Pudding (a cross between a popover and a souffle).
More Dinner for Two Recipes for Date Night
From Books n’ Cooks
From my blogging friends at From Our Dinner Table:
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Roll Ups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Creamy Portobello Alfredo by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Rib Eye with Green Sauce by That Recipe
- Halibut Seafood Oscar by Art of Natural Living
- Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Mushroom Red Wine Sauce by Making Miracles
- Peppercorn Steak with Mustard-Wine Sauce by Sweet Beginnings
- Pesto Crusted Salmon by Books n’ Cooks
- Salmon with Garlic Tarragon Cream Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Vegetable Dum Biriyani by Magical Ingredients
Recipe Notes for Pesto Crusted Salmon:
- I used my homemade basil pesto on the salmon but feel free to use store-bought. Pro-Tip: I grow basil and make lots of pesto during summer, stocking my freezer with little mason jars of pesto for use in my favorite recipes – tortellini with pesto, Baked Ziti with Sausage and Spinach and Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous.
Pesto Crusted Salmon
A 5-ingredient meal, this Pesto Crusted Salmon is both healthy and full of flavor! On the table in under 30 minutes, it's a great option for busy weeknights but is elegant enough for date night in.
- cooking spray
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets about 6 oz. each
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. basil pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 2-4 Tbs. panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 450F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Remove salmon filets from packaging and with a clean paper towel, pat dry. Set skin-side down on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread over salmon. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs, pushing down just slightly to make sure they adhere.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until salmon is cooked throughout and top beginning to brown.