Homemade cake batter ice cream packed with festive sprinkles and crushed funfetti cookies brings a sweet, colorful treat to your summer celebrations. Make this Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream today!
Disclaimer: This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
It’s funny. I’ve been blogging for years but there are still some holidays that I am totally delinquent on. I have no recipes created for our patriotic holidays (eg. 4th of July and Memorial Day), and very few recipes for Halloween or Thanksgiving. One of my goals of the years was to remedy that and start building those collections.
So while Independence Day has passed us, I still wanted to share this Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream. Because the truth is, you can change out the sprinkles and make this for any occasion. Or use rainbow sprinkles, and you have yourself a bright, everyday treat.
This is the recipe that I went all-in for this week. I used both funfetti cookies and made a cake-batter ice cream to give you the best of two worlds – funfetti cake AND cookies. What’s not to love about that, right? My kids and husband certainly enjoyed it!
- The base ice cream recipe was barely adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian’s Copycat Cold Stone Cake Batter Ice Cream recipe. I adore Cold Stone’s cake batter ice cream, and this one comes pretty darn close if you don’t have the extra sprinkles and cookies mixed in. (My personal favorite is cake batter ice cream + crushed graham crackers. You’re welcome.)
- You can use any sprinkles you’d like – in any color variety. I used the Stars & Stripes Sprinkles Mix from Sweets & Treats in both the cookies and the ice cream for a 4th of July treat. The blue ice cream spoon in the photo above is also from Sweets & Treats (reusable and impressive in how sturdy they are).
- The recipe for the “Sprinkle Cookies,” aka Confetti Cookies, is found here. It’s a favorite recipe of ours – I love the almond flavor in the cookie and the kids love the sprinkles. For this recipe, I simply swapped out the sprinkles for something more seasonal. 🙂
- I used several ingredients from our sponsors for this recipe – Dixie Crystals sugar (and silpat), Adam’s Extract vanilla extract, and as noted above, sprinkles from Sweets & Treats.
Enjoy this recipe? Don’t forget to check more Summer Dessert Week recipes at the bottom of this post, and enter to win our giveaway.
Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream
Homemade cake batter ice cream packed with festive sprinkles and crushed funfetti cookies brings a sweet, colorful treat to your summer celebrations.
- 1 1/2 c. white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract (I uses Adams Best)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6-8 funfetti cookies crushed, link to recipe above
- extra sprinkles (I used Sweets & Treats Stars & Stripes mix for a fun, patriotic recipe)
In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and sugar. Whisk in remaining ingredients to combine.
Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Mine took about 20-25 minutes). In the last minute or two, add a few tablespoons of sprinkles and a couple of crushed up cookies. Don't add all of the cookies, as it won't fit in the ice cream maker.
Transfer to a pan or container (I used a bread loaf pan). Fold in remaining crushed cookies. Use an offset spatula or butter knife to smooth out the top. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.
Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
This recipe makes a little more than a quart. A serving size is about a 1/2 cup.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks (above!)
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.