Christmas time is, without a doubt, my favorite time of year. The tree goes up as early as the hubby will let me. In fact, because of a crazy couple weeks, we put up the tree just before Thanksgiving this year. I think I drove the hubby crazy because we returned from Thanksgiving with Christmas presents from my parents – I immediately arranged them under the tree and then asked, every day, if we could open presents. The pile has been growing as I’ve finished Christmas shopping – wrapping the presents and adding them to the pile (I even had a wedding gift and birthday present under the tree!)
I also love to celebrate with our friends and family at our annual holiday party. Its our one huge party of the year where everyone is invited. I’m probably pretty annoying, asking friends whether it’s on their calendar well before the party. I start planning the menu in October and start cooking and baking in November…. but its well worth it. The party is always a ton of fun!
So, without further ado, here’s this year’s menu.
I’ll be posting links to more of the recipes this week, but for those of you still searching for ideas for your own holiday parties, I wanted to get this out sooner. If you’d like a recipe before it gets posted, please just let me know and I’d be happy to send it to you.
2010 Holiday Party
- Create Your Own Ham Slider: roast ham, swiss cheese, mustard, and dinner rolls
- Duo of Pesti: Artichoke-Parmesan Pesto & Sun Dried Tomato Pesto served with freshly baked french bread
- Honey-Apple-Brie Bites (thanks to K for bringing these tasty bites and for sharing the recipe!)
- Cheddar and Bacon Mini-Quiche
- Pecan Pie Cookies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Homemade Mallomars (Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Cookies)
- Duo of Fudge: Chocolate Coconut Fudge and Vanilla Fudge
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Nibbles around the House
- Assorted white and red wine
- Sam Adams Winter Lager
- Assorted Soft Drinks
- Assorted Liquors
Note: This menu served approximately 50 people.
If you’re looking for more ideas, check out the 2009 Holiday Party Menu.