I don’t like football, so the Super Bowl is not very exciting for me. I’ll go to the party, book in hand, and will read if I can’t convince someone to sit on the sidelines and chat. However, I can’t complain too much, it gave me the perfect excuse to make crab dip again.
I found this recipe late last year and immediately loved it. It is thick with a pound of lump crab meat and freshly grated pepper jack cheese, which gave it just a little bit of a kick. If you don’t like the extra spicy, I’m sure a mozzarella or other melty cheese would work just fine.
Crab Dip with a Kick
Adapted from Paula Deen’s Hot Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into an oven-safe bowl, sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbs. Parmesan, and cook for 40 minutes, until hot throughout and slightly browned on top.
Serve hot with fresh bread, crackers, or tortilla chips
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 thoughts on “Crab Dip with a Kick”
What a fun idea to add pepper jack cheese to crap dip, I love things spicy! Do you think I oculd add Old Bay to it? I would have a hard time making crap dip without it!
I don’t see why not. The pepper jack might overtake the Old Bay, so maybe a milder Monterey Jack cheese so you still get the Old Bay flavors?
I love any kind of crab dip, so make it spicy and I am there!