Our annual holiday party is in a couple weeks, and as usual, I started menu planning, shopping, cooking and baking in late October. I usually serve heavy appetizers and desserts, enough for 30-50 people.
Between hosting several out-of-town relatives for Thanksgiving this year and having a crazy work schedule, I’ve tried to simplify this year’s holiday party just a little bit. Well, maybe I should say, I’ve tried to reduce the time I spend in the kitchen while still putting out an impressive spread. Instead of time-intensive Oreo Truffles and Peanut Butter Balls, I decided that this year, I would do a trio of chocolate bark. Still impressive and tasty, but definitely easier on my time.
This first bark recipe was adapted from Bakers Royale.
The below recipe makes an 8×8 pan, although I doubled (using 1 full package of Oreos) it for the holiday party.
Cookies & Cream Bark
- 10 oz. good white bakers chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 15 regular Oreos, crushed
- 3 regular Oreos, crushed and set aside for topping
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, enough for a 1-in. overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler, stirring regularly until all chocolate has been melted and chocolate is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed Oreos, stirring to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Use a spatula to even out chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining 3 crushed Oreos. (This is optional, but if you don’t, your bark will have a slightly greyish color from the Oreo crumbs mixing with the white chocolate.)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has set.
- Remove pan from fridge and with either end of the parchment paper, lift bark out of pan and onto counter.
- Break into pieces, using a fork to assist if needed. Or, for a cleaner look, cut with a knife.
Store in the fridge or at room temperature until ready to serve.
2 thoughts on “Cookies & Cream Bark”
I am for sure making this recipe to give as gifts this year. It looks amazing…and who doesn’t love Oreos!?
That’s exactly how I feel! =)