Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad highlights late winter and early spring citrus along with kiwi fruit – all naturally sweet and tart fruits with just a hint of mint. A light, bright start to your day or afternoon snack!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
When I got a big box of fresh produce from #SpringSweetsWeek sponsor Melissa’s Produce, I knew I wanted to share a recipe that would really allow the fresh fruit to shine. The late winter and early spring produce was just gorgeous – juicy grapefruit and sweet mandarin oranges, more exotic kumquats and kiwi berries, rainbow carrots…. it was so inspiring! After the family sampled the kumquats and kiwi berries – new fruit for all of us – I started contemplating how I could best highlight the fresh fruit, at the peak of it’s freshness.
Enter this Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad. It’s barely a recipe, but a plating of beautiful, seasonal fruit and garnished with a little bit of mint. This is one spring sweet that has no added sugar – just natural sugar from the fruit.
Recipe Notes for Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad
- Substitutions: You can really use any in season citrus fruit you’d like in this salad. The combination below is pretty well balanced – part sweet, part tart. If you can’t find kiwi berries, peel and slice regular kiwi for that sweetness.
- Tip: Fresh herbs, to include mint, freeze amazingly well. Whether you bought mint for this recipe or have some growing in a garden, I highly recommend washing, mincing, and storing in a ziplock baggie or airtight container for future use in cocktails (like this Blackberry Tequila Cooler or a Raspberry Mojito), agua fresca, or popsicles.
Get More #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes:
- Blended Mocha Frappe by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Carrot Ginger Rhubarb Mini Bread Loaves by The Spiffy Cookie
- Chocolate Matzo Tiramisu by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad by Books n’ Cooks (below)
- Coffee Jelly Roll by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cream Cheese Cupcakes by Pook’s Pantry
- Easter Dessert Board by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frozen Pineapple Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Kumquat Upside Down Cake by Jen Around the World
- Lemon Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon and Lavender Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Cooler Cookies by Blogghetti
- Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Eat Move Make
- Lemon Poppyseed Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Lemon Shortbread with Sprinkles by Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Key Lime Pies by Palatable Pastime
- No Churn Lavender Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Praline Coffee Ice Cream by For the Love of Food
- Raspberry Almond Coffee Snack Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Try this recipe? Tag me on Instagram with @booksncooks and #booksncooks, and leave a comment and tell me what you thought!
Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad
Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad highlights late winter and early spring citrus along with kiwi fruit - all naturally sweet and tart fruits with just a hint of mint. A light, bright start to your day or afternoon snack!
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 4 oz. kiwi berries
- 3 oz. kumquats
- 1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh mint
Cut off peel and pith from grapefruit and mandarins. Slice fruit into rounds, about 1/4 an inch thick.
Next, slice kiwi berries and kumquats into halves or third.
Arrange fruit on a serving plate. Sprinkle with chopped mint.
Serve immediately or refridgerate until serving.
Disclaimer: Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.