Cranberry Moscow Mules are a fall twist on a classic cocktail.
Welcome to the start of Cranberry Week, a week-long virtual event for all things cranberry. #CranberryWeek is the official hashtag, so be sure to follow along on social media all week long to see the recipes we have in store for you. And big thanks to Caroline at Caroline’s Cooking for hosting this event!
Moscow Mules seemed to be all of the rage last year, but I was never impressed. They were alright, but not something I’d choose or get excited about. And I doubted that I could finish a whole one.
But Moscow Mules were everywhere – all over the blogs, on many restaurant menus. What was wrong with me? Did I just try them on an off day? And then I started experimenting with versions made with some other flavor – a bright fruit juice or an herb – and my opinion changed. I found that while I might not get excited about a traditional Moscow Mule, I enjoyed the drink much more when there was some fun twist to the original recipe.
My go-to version is a Cranberry Moscow Mule. I always have a couple bottles of fresh cranberry juice in the pantry and a bag of cranberries in the freezer (stashed away when they’re plentiful in fall), making it easy for me to mix up any time I wanted a change from my evening glass of wine.
What do you think about the Moscow Mule? Do you enjoy the traditional version or do you have a favorite variation you enjoy? Please leave a comment and tell me! I’m always on the look out for new flavor combinations.
See all the other cranberry creations being shared as we kick off Cranberry week today – follow #CranberryWeek to see all the delicious recipes.
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Cranberry Butter from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Coffee Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Loaf from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Moscow Mules from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Mousse Chocolate Dessert Bowls by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Swirl Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Double Chocolate Cranberry Almond Bark from Frugal Pantry
- Frosted Cranberries from Bear & Bug Eats
- Pear Frangipane Tart with Cranberries from Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Cranberry Chicken Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures