Chambord was the first high quality liquor that I ever drank. A black raspberry liquor, my mom (yes, I was legal drinking age and yes, I was a good girl) introduced it to me in the form of a Chambord Sour. The sweet-sour drink worked for my young palate, but as I got older and was introduced to a much larger variety of good quality liquors (not the junk we drank in college), I grew to appreciate a nice glass of Chambord on the rocks.
I’ve always loved the liquor and am immediately drawn to drinks that feature it when we’re out to dinner. So when this week’s #SundaySupper theme was announced as Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer, I immediately knew that I wanted to make a cocktail with Chambord as the star.
After tossing around a few ideas, I decided upon some sort of Chambord sangria, with a light white wine as a base. At first, I attempted a straight sangria recipe – Chambord, white wine, and a few muddled raspberries. However, I found this far too sweet for me. I envisioned something lighter, which I planned to solve with the addition of tonic or soda water. I went with the former, which mellowed out the flavor nicely. I was apparently on the right track with the recipe I’ve presented below, as just a day or two after making it, my Pinterest feed was filled with Chambord recipes, one very similar to the below, the Chambord Spritz.
Sparkling Chambord Sangria
By Books n’ Cooks
Makes 1 drink
- 1 oz. Chambord black raspberry liquor
- 4 oz. white wine (I used pinot grigio but a chardonnay would work well as well)
- tonic water
- fresh raspberries
In a cocktail glass filled halfway with ice, add 1 oz. Chambord followed by 4 oz. white wine. Top with tonic water and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Thanks to Christie at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this event. Be sure to check out the recipes below for more refreshing summer cocktails and mocktails!
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.