Growing up, my mom used to make this fantastic Oreo ice cream. I don’t remember her making many varieties other than vanilla and Oreo, but the Oreo ice cream is the one we all loved. Mom only ever used Double Stuffers, because, really, the frosted center is the reason for eating the cookies. The trick was to get the biggest chunks of Oreo cookie that you could. The cookie would be soft from the ice cream, and the super sweet frosted center would shine through. That ice cream was summer for me.
Now, I look forward to the warm weather and when I can break out my ice cream maker. I never have the time to try even a fraction of the recipes I bookmark, but I enjoy trying. So far this year, I’ve made a classic vanilla ice cream (that only lasted 2 days in the house) and tried out a new recipe for sangria popsicles. I’ve decided that the trick is that I have to make the ice cream, stash it in the basement freezer, and clean up the evidence before my hubby knows I’ve made some. Unless I’m a mean wifey and make something I know he’ll dislike, once my hubby knows there’s ice cream in the house, he’ll have (and I’ll inevitably end up joining him) a bowl a night until it’s gone.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s begin the second year of Frozen Fridays – a new roundup of summer treats every Friday for the month of July. This week, I present to you two dozen ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc recipes that caught my eye recently. If you give any of them a try, please come back and let me know what you thought of them!
Ice Creams, Sorbets, and More!
- Bailey’s Ice Cream (from Savory Simple)
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream (from Big Bear’s Wife)
- Blackberry Pomegranate Sorbet (from A Cookie Names Desire)
- Caramelized Banana Ice Cream (from Our Best Bites)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream (from Love and Olive Oil)
- Chocolate Hazelnut and Toasted Marshmallow Gelato (from Floating Kitchen)
- Coconut Milk Strawberry Ice Cream (over Honey Orange Biscuits) (from Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
- Coffee Oreo Ice Cream (from A Cookie Named Desire)
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream (no-churn) (from Keep It Sweet Desserts)
- Fluffernutter Ice Cream (from Country Cleaver)
- Green Grape Ice Cones (from The Healthy Apple)
- Horchata Ice Cream (from Love & Olive Oil)
- Lemon Buttermilk Tart Frozen Yogurt (from Eva Bakes)
- Maple Bacon Crunch Ice Cream (from Crazy for Crust)
- Molasses Cookie Ice Cream (no-churn) (from Beyond Frosting)
- Nutella Gelato (from The Girl Who Ate Everything)
- Popcorn Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Popcorn (from A Brown Table)
- Orange Blossom Clove Ice Cream with Candied Blood Orange Freckles (from Savory Simple)
- Orange Granitas (from Skip to My Lou)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (from Mandy’s Recipe Box)
- Raspberry Pistachio Coconut Ice Cream (from The Foodie Teen)
- Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream (from Food n’ Focus)
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (from The Lemon Bowl)
- Swiss Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream (from What’s Cooking, Chicago?)
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Philadeplphia Style (from Books n’ Cooks)
If this isn’t enough for you, check out last year’s round-up for another two dozen recipes that caught my eye.