Since I had such issues figuring out how to get library books on my Nook, I figured I’d post a quick how-to.
1. Download and set up an account for Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Make sure you’re email address and password are the same for both accounts, otherwise you may have problems authenticating.
2. Sign into your library website and download whatever books you want. Remember where you put your books – in a download folder, or another folder (I have a “Library Books” folder on my desktop).
3. Click on the *.acsm file to launch the book. (If necessary, right click, select “open with” ADE). This will load the book into ADE.
4. Turn on your Nook and plug it in.
5. In ADE, you should get a pop-up asking to authorize your Nook. If not, select the Library icon (the three books in the left corner). Use the Library drop-down menu and select “authorize Nook.”
6. From the Library, drag the book you’d like to read on your Nook, listed under Bookshelves on the left. The files will automatically go where to the correct spot.
You should now be able to read your library books on your Nook!